Direct Enrollment (EDE)
BenefitAlign, a Speridian company, is your go-to EDE partner
EDE Allows consumers and brokers to apply for and enroll in individual health insurance coverage though the Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM) and State-based Marketplaces that use the Federal Platform (SBM-FPs) without visiting HealthCare.gov.
Improves the user experience in shopping for, applying for, and enrolling in Marketplace coverage through third parties by allowing users to interact directly with approved EDE Entities and complete all steps in the eligibility and enrollment process on a single website.
Uses application programming interfaces (APIs) to transfer data between the Marketplace and approved EDE Entity websites.
Allows approved EDE entities to provide a comprehensive consumer experience including the eligibility application, enrollment, and post-enrollment services year-round for consumers and brokers, directly on issuer and web-broker websites.
Direct Enrollment vs Enhanced Direct Enrollment – A Comparison
BENEFITALIGN EDE Solution
DATA INTERCHANGE WITH FFM MARKETPLACE
- COMPLETE APPLICATION (EDE) – Offers enhanced direct enrollment (EDE) and year-round client management functionality through its private website which supports the full range of consumer scenarios.
- Audited by third party for extensive security and privacy reviews and audits.
- Compliance with nearly 300 CMS security and privacy standards; reviewed and approved by CMS
- CMS approved system security plans and testing protocols
- CMS approved business logic audits, ensuring that the system will accurately convey consumer information to the Marketplace that will be used to determine the consumer’s eligibility
- Offers SHOP Plans and Dental Plans
- Approved in States: AK, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NM, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV, WY, AL